Bull Shoals, AR Homes and Real Estate For Sale
Are you looking for homes or real estate for sale in Bull Shoals, Arkansas? Below are the current listings of homes for sale in Bull Shoals, Arkansas from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Beaman Realty is ready to help you find your Bull Shoals dream home. Call us at 870.431.5252 or click on our contact form in any listing that interests you.
ABOUT BULL SHOALS, ARKANSAS
If you are interested in being near water, check out Bull Shoals, Arkansas. This Marion County town sits on a peninsula surrounded on three sides by the clear, deep waters of Bull Shoals Lake or the world-famous White River.
Imagine your home, business or property just minutes from lake and river access for world-class fishing, boating, scuba diving, snorkeling and water sports. Or Mother Nature at your fingertips for hiking in a serene atmosphere offering fresh, clean air. For a small town, Bull Shoals has a lot to offer.
Like most Twin Lakes Area towns, those who purchase homes, businesses and property in Bull Shoals enjoy below-average crime, high-speed internet access, low property taxes, low cost of living, mild four-season climate and proximity to a regional hospital and healthcare, two-year college and big-box shopping just a 20-minute drive away in Mountain Home.
Today, many small businesses provide for the needs of Bull Shoals residents including a pharmacy, 24-hour ambulance base, grocery store, marina, library, food pantry, printing company, boat sales, restaurants, bowling alley, assisted living, community theater, four churches, hardware store, active VFW post and more. The city has been named Arkansas Volunteer Community of the Year numerous times, including 2020.
Bull Shoals History
Like its sister city, Lakeview, Bull Shoals was created just prior to the construction of Bull Shoals Dam. Investors purchased 1,000 acres near the planned dam site from 17 farmers in the Newton Flat area, adjacent to the planned dam. Headed by C.S. Woods Sr., a town of 2,076 lots was platted in August 1946 to provide lodging and services to workers. Nine months later, the federal government began dam construction on the White River.
When the lake filled after competition of the dam in 1951, the area became a mecca for fishing. The crystal-clear water of the lake beckoned to bass and walleye fisherman nationwide. Because of the dam, the White River became a cold-water stream, a perfect habitat for rainbow trout, calling to fishermen internationally. Bull Shoals turned into a tourist destination and flourished throughout the 1950s. In the ‘60s and ‘70s, many who came to fish returned looking to retire, and the town again re-invented itself as a retirement and bedroom community for those working in Mountain Home.
Bull Shoals attractions
- Bull Shoals Dam is a concrete gravity dam on the border of Marion and Baxter counties that dams the White River to form Bull Shoals Lake. The dam was built for flood control and hydroelectric production by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in response to severe flooding 1915-1927. Construction started in June 1947 and was completed in July 1951. When finished, the dam was one of the largest concrete structures in the world. From its completion until 2009, it is estimated that the dam has prevented about $225.5 million in flood damages. It fourth and last in a chain of White River basin dams which include Beaver, Table Rock and Taneycomo dams. It includes a powerhouse and eight generators. US Corps of Engineers no longer offer tours of the dam.
- James A. Gaston Information Center is the section of Bull Shoals-White River State Park in Marion County. The center includes area information, gift shop, exhibits, small theater, hiking trail, interpretive programs, lake cruises and a tower overlooking Bull Shoals Dam, Bull Shoals Lake and the White River. 153 Dam Overlook Lane. 870.445.3629. https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/bull-shoals-white-river-state-park
- Short-term Vacation Rentals include properties on the White River and Bull Shoals Lake. White River Front Retreat offers 200 feet of gorgeous river frontage upstream from Gastons’ Restaurant. The three-bedroom, two-bath home features 2,100-square-feet of living space www.whiteriverfrontretreat.com. On Bull Shoals Laken offers spectacular views of beautiful Bull Shoals Lake and dam. The three-bedroom, two-bath home which accommodates 6 guests has 1,500-square-feet of living space, plus a 575-square-foot game room. www.sunsetbaybslake.com
- Bull Shoals-Lakeview Rotary Club meets at 11:45 am Wednesdays at the 178 Club in Bull Shoals for a lunch meeting. The club raises funds to support local and international programs through two main annual fund raisers: Pancake breakfast in May and Hillbilly Chili Cook-Off in October. http://bullshoalslakeviewrotaryclub.org/
- Bull Shoals Caverns in the center of town is a 350-million-year-old cave featuring limestone formation walls that once was the home of prehistoric natives. A gift shop with gemstone panning is available. 1011 C.S. Woods Blvd. 800-445-7177. bullshoalscaverns.com
- Bull Shoals Lake Boat Dock – is the place to enjoy beautiful Bull Shoals Lake to the fullest with rentals of boat stalls, pontoon boats, ski boats, fishing boats, kayaks, deck boats, paddle boats, houseboats, pedal boats, wave runners, tubes, skis, wake boards and other water toys. Guide service is available, and the marina is an air station for SCUBA diving. Children also can “Feed the Fish.” 140 Boat Dock Cove. 870.445.4424. bullshoalslakeboatdock.com
- Bull Shoals Bowling Center boasts wooden bowling lanes, other entertainment and the Fish Sports Bar where you can watch your favorite team on big-screen televisions. State Highway 178. 870.445.4453. https://www.178club.com/bull-shoals-lanes
- Bull Shoals Theater of the Arts is a non-profit theater offering weekly jam sessions on Monday nights and monthly live entertainment. 1015 Central Blvd. (AR Highway 178). 870.445.2311. http://bullshoalstheater.net/
Free Listing/Search Manager
Be the first to know when new listings that meet your criteria hit the market! Our FREE Listing and Search Manager lets you save your favorite listings and searches, get email updates on listings and searches, and more!