Flippin, AR Homes and Real Estate For Sale
Are you looking for homes or real estate for sale in Flippin, Arkansas? Below are the current listings of homes for sale in Flippin from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Beaman Realty is ready to help you find the home of your dreams. Call us at 870.431.5252 or click on our contact form in any listing that interests you.
ABOUT FLIPPIN, ARKANSAS
Looking for a home or business in a quant, historical, small town? Flippin, Arkansas, might be for you. This Marion County town sits at the south shore of Bull Shoals Lake sandwiched between the White River and Buffalo National River, so recreational opportunities abound, from fishing, boating, swimming to kayaking, floating and hiking. The town is on a major east-west highway, US 62/412.
A charming, historic downtown offers antique and retail shopping, restaurants and more. Residents enjoy below-average crime, high-speed internet access, low property taxes, low cost of living, mild four-season climate and a 20-minute drive to a regional hospital and healthcare, two-year college and big-box shopping in Mountain Home.
Flippin was named for Thomas J. Flippin who settled north of town with his family in the 1821, migrating from Kentucky. He was a farmer and grew crops including cotton. In 1904, the railroad came to the area, moving downtown to its current location.
A corporation called Marion County Town Company bought 20 acres and platted streets and lots. In 1921, Flippin incorporated with a mayor/council form of government. The town steadily grew, adding churches, businesses, post office, telephone company and more. In the 1950s, a water system and fire department came into being. Citywide sewer was installed in 1970.
The town now has numerous manufacturing industries, with Ranger Boats being the most well-known. The famous boat company was founded in 1968 by Forrest and Nina Wood, who are credited with creating the modern bass boat. The legacy started by the Woods continues as Ranger Boats is the largest employer in Marion County.
Sam Walton, founder of WalMart, chose Flippin to build the first mini-supercenter. The town is surrounded by tourist-related businesses for fishing and lodging.
- Ranger Boats, the company founded by Forrest and Nina Wood, and all of the brands under Fishing Holdings LLS were acquired by Bass Pro Group in a deal signed in December 2014. The deal included the acquisition of Ranger, Triton and Stratos brands. The factory offers tours at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays). Participants must wear closed-toe shoes. No reservations are needed. Large groups should call ahead, 927 AR Highway 178. 870.453.2222 VISIT RANGER BOATS
- Vexxus Boats founders worked with Forrest Wood, innovator of Ranger Boats, for many years as part of the team that designed and built many groundbreaking marine innovations. Today, Wood’s heritage continues at Vexxus with the same pursuit of excellence. VISIT VEXXUS BOATS
- Marion County Regional Airport is a county-owned, public-use airport one mile north of the Flippin business district. It features a 5,000-foot runway with three instrument approaches. 954 Airport Rd. 870.453.2241. VISIT MARION COUNTY AIRPORT Website
- Hickey City Park offers tennis courts, swimming pool, baseball fields, soccer field, walking trail and playground. The park is named for the late Mayor George Hickey.
- For more information about Flippin, visit the Flippin City Website or the Flippin Chamber of Commerce
If a home, business or property in or near Flippin is in your future, look at the real estate offered on this site, or reach out to the Beaman Realty team at 870.431.5252.
Free Listing/Search Manager
Be the first to know when new listings that meet your criteria hit the market! Our FREE Listing and Search Manager lets you save your favorite listings and searches, get email updates on listings and searches, and more!