Lakeview AR Homes and Real Estate For Sale
Are you looking for homes or real estate for sale in Lakeview, Arkansas? Below are the current listings of homes for sale in Lakeview from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Beaman Realty is ready to help you find your Lakeview dream home. Call us today at 870.431.5252 or click on our contact form in any listing that interests you.
ABOUT LAKEVIEW, ARKANSAS
Imagine a retirement, family or vacation home on shore of Bull Shoals Lake or the world-famous White River with access to boating, swimming, fishing, water sports, hiking and wildlife just minutes from any home or lot in Lakeview. This is a reality in Lakeview, Arkansas.
Known as the “Paradise of the Ozarks,” Lakeview brims with civic pride and citizens working together to make a friendly community. Businesses include dining, auto repair, real estate, bank, large, friendly marina and many area resorts.
As with other Twin Lakes Area communities, residents enjoy low property taxes, lower-than-average crime rate, affordable housing, four-season climate with mild winters, low cost of living and access to spectacular views and wildlife.
Access to first-rate hospital and medical care, two-year university, big-box and small town shopping, franchised and specialized dining, movie theaters and other entertainment is just 15 minutes away in Mountain Home.
Lakeview, Arkansas History
As with its sister city, Bull Shoals, the construction of Bull Shoals Dam (1947-1951) led to the development of Lakeview. Both towns, Bull Shoals on the north side of the White River and Lakeview on the south, popped up to house and feed dam workers.
The site of the proposed town was first settled in the mid-1880s and was named Trimble Flat, for the first settlers, the Trimble family. In the late 1880s, a school and post office were established and named Amos. The community, church and cemetery remained Trimble Flat. The post office closed in 1934.
In 1947, Monty and Hazel Montgomery purchased land along what was to be the Bull Shoals Lake and opened motel called Lake Shore Courts. Harvey Slocumb, general superintendent of Bull Shoals Dam construction project, was their first customer. Construction workers and their families rented units at the motel, and more buildings soon arose, including grocery stores, gift shops and homes. The Lakeview post office opened in 1949.
Virgil Partee opened a grocery and service station and subdivided his farm and sold lots for other enterprises. The Engler Building housed the famous Where-a-way Gift Shop, Button Mosaics and Wood Carvings and Hardy’s Fisherman Inn Cafeteria. The Penrods built a new building for the post office and Penrod Museum. As soon as the water level permitted, Jim Lieb opened a first-class boat dock.
When the dam was completed and the upstream White River valley flooded, Bull Shoals Lake’s pristine waters became a frequent destination for anglers, professional fishing tournaments and water sports. The cold tailwaters below Bull Shoals Dam developed a perfect habitat for trophy-sized rainbow and brown trout, a haven for fly fishermen.
Lakeview incorporated in 1974 and is an Arkansas second-class city.
- Bull Shoals Dam is a concrete gravity dam on the border of Marion and Baxter counties that dams the White River to form Bull Shoals Lake. The dam was built for flood control and hydroelectric production by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in response to severe flooding 1915-1927. Construction started in June 1947 and was completed in July 1951. When finished, the dam was one of the largest concrete structures in the world. From its completion until 2009, it is estimated that the dam has prevented about $225.5 million in flood damages. It fourth and last in a chain of White River basin dams which include Beaver, Table Rock and Taneycomo dams. It includes a powerhouse and eight generators. US Corps of Engineers no longer offer tours of the dam.
- Bull Shoals-White River State Park campground nestled on the banks of the White River is the section of Bull Shoals-White River State Park in Lakeview. The campground offers 123 sites (Class AAA, Class B, primitive tent and three Rent-a-RVs) for camping, picnic area, pavilion, playground, various trails for hiking and biking, full-service marina with gift shop on the river, public boat ramp and numerous interpretive programs, workshops and nature camps for adults and children April through October. 123 Bull Shoals Park. 870.445.3629. [email protected]
- Lakeview Recreation Area on the shoreline of Bull Shoals Lake offers 78 wooded campsites with electric hookups and other amenities, along with two large-group shelters, boat ramp, swimming area and playground. The campground is a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Park. 450 Boat Dock Road. recreation.gov
- Dogwood Trail is a 2.9-mile trail in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Park with minimal elevation.
- Vacation rental homes: River home: whiteriverfrontretreat.com, (103 CR 574, Lakeview; Lake home: sunsetbaybslake.com 917 Hickory Flats, Lakeview
- Lakeview City Hall offers a public, paved walking trail. cityoflakeview.com
- Lakeview Cove Marina offers overnight or permanent, covered slips for boats, pontoon-boat, tube, wake board, skis and life jacket rental. 707 Boat Dock Road. 870.431.5291. lakeviewcovemarina.com
- Gaston’s White River Resort is one of the state’s premier resorts renowned for its trout fishing. In 1958, Al Gaston purchased a resort with six cottages and six boats on the banks of the White River. His son, Jim Gaston, later inherited the resort and developed it into 79 cabins, 70 boats, 3,200-feet airstrip, tennis courts, restaurant, private club, 125-seat conference center, gift shop, playground, swimming pool, game room and two nature trails. Now operated by Jim’s grandson, Clint, the resort occupies 400 acres and beckons to worldwide anglers. 177 River Road. 870-431-5202. gastons.com
If you are looking for a home, business or investment property in or around Lakeview, Beaman Realty can help you find it. Search for property for sale in Lakeview on this website or reach out to the Beaman Realty team at 870.431.5252.
Free Listing/Search Manager
Be the first to know when new listings that meet your criteria hit the market! Our FREE Listing and Search Manager lets you save your favorite listings and searches, get email updates on listings and searches, and more!